Customise the services to meet your needs
During the implementation of the BarnOwl IDW we offer a number of services that ensure the successful implementation of the warehouse to meet your requirements. These services can be tailored to meet your needs and your level of involvement pre and post implementation.
BarnOwl IDW Services
Business Requirements and Gap Analysis
Source Data Requirements and Stride
Before any implementation or configuration takes place a full business requirements gathering and Gap analysis will be conducted.
The output of this process will be a document defining your requirements from the BarnOwl IDW and what gaps there may been in the standard product against what you require.
The Business Requirements document will contain the following:
• Business Information Directory
• Logical Data Model
• Measures, Dimensions and Hierarchies
• Retention Periods
• Business Rules and Transactions
• Interface / Data Flow Requirements
• Data Conversion Requirements
• Audit Requirements
• Security Requirements
• Backup Requirements
The data warehouse has been architected to allow for customisations to be integrated into the product should they be required and identified in the Gap Analysis. The following are customisations that are typically implemented:
• Custom calculations
• Custom reports and data extracts
• Custom system integrations
• Additional Measure, Dimensions and Hierarchies
The Source Data Specification is a technical specification that unambiguously defines the format and layout of the data that the partner will need to provide to the BarnOwl IDW as well as the agreed delivery method.
The specification will document the following:
• The data format
• The frequency the data is required
• Each data element
• A definition of the data element
• The data type
• Whether the data element is mandatory or optional
• The dependencies of the data element
• The allowed values of the data element
• Where appropriate, an example of the data element
Should any changes to the standard Source Data Specification be identified in the Gap Analysis they will be made to the specification defined above. Should the changes required add value to the general user base of the BarnOwl IDW then these changes will be made to the standard Source Data Specification at no charge.
BarnOwl IDW will in the future accept Stride messages in the Acord message format. These messages will be processed, validated and imported into the warehouse in exactly the same manner as the standard source data.
During the implementation an installation will be conducted which comprises of the configuration and installation of the necessary software to enable the data warehouse to operate. This installation can be done on a designated server within the your offices, off site at a selected hosting facility or within our cloud based hosting solution.
Training will also take place during the implementation and will be done at your office and will cover the use of the following components of the data warehouse:
• Maintaining the data validation rules by partner.
• General data mapping, updates and additions using the Master Data Management tool.
• The generating of data warehouse standard reports and any custom reports developed.
• The generating of ad hoc reports and extracts directly from the data warehouse.
The data acquisition process is made up of a number of services and involves the successful collecting and processing of data into the warehouse right from meeting with the Insurance Management System (IMS) providers to validating the quality of the data in the data warehouse. The services involved in data acquisition are the following:
• Liaising with IMS providers
• Partner configuration in the data warehouse
• Partner data loads
• Partner data mapping
• Partner data balancing
Project management will be conducted throughout the process and will cover the following:
• Defining the objectives, scope, deliverables, progress measurements and risks.
• Identifying the tasks to be performed.
• Identifying the required resources, roles and responsibilities.
• Mapping tasks to resources and the agreed delivery time frames.
• Monitoring progress.
After the successful implementation of the data warehouse support is offered and can be tailored to your individual needs. This support will be managed and monitored against an agreed Service Level Agreement.